Thursday 16 January 2014

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I 've created this blog without really knowing what am I supposed to write... Shall I bore you with details of my everyday life? Or should I write down thoughts that cross my mind from time to time? I am not really sure...

     I believe the first question that should be answered is "what a blog actually is"? Is it something like an online diary? People tend to dislike writing by hand these days since typing seams to be more popular. Personally, I prefer writing cause it is more sincere while typing is a kind of impersonal way of expressing ones thoughts...This is kind of ironic though since I am actually typing right now...!

    Well, back to the main question "What is a blog?" . Like I said before it could be some kind of an online diary where you share thoughts and experiences. But, since we live in a world where technology seams to rule every single detail of our everyday life and therefore consumes most of our time, real life human communication is falling apart. Yet, this does not mean that a human being does not feel the need to communicate. So in order to satisfy this longing we create these blogs - our blogs - and use the same technology that imprisoned us in a lonely life as a channel of interaction. Of course this is a rather hyperbolic description of this particular technology drawback. So let me state here that I am not against technology evolution. On the contrary, its a very useful tool in our everyday life, a great ally in knowledge and a funny way to spend some of your free time. But really now, how many of the modern age children know how to use a map instead of a GPS app?

     By re-reading my text I can see that I said nothing at all and I definitely did not answer the simple question I asked. That's maybe because every one of us sees the subject from his own perspective, moved by his very own motivation and therefore there is not a standard answer to give. I still haven't decided about my personal reason of creating this blog, but it could have been a bit of both...
     Wishing you a wonderful day! :)

P.S. Apologise for any possible spelling or grammar mistakes.I am not a native English speaker.

 -E.

No comments:

Post a Comment